Saturday, August 11, 2007

Trials

I know that trials are a given in this life and my mind does understand why we have them. One of my favorite quotes is "Trials and tribulations are mandatory, misery is optional." That said, it can be so difficult to watch some you love go through them. My poor mother-in-law is very sick. Her kidneys failed in late December 06 (due to diabetes which she has had for a long time) She has been on dialysis since. I had no idea how difficult this was on someone. It would be one thing if she was healthy to begin with but she has high blood pressure, the affor-mentioned diabetes, hardening of the arteries and she has had several small strokes. She has been trying to get on the donor list for a kidney. This process is so much harder than they make it look on TV. Doctor after doctor, test after test. She had a liver biopsy this last Thursday. If it is positive for whatever they are looking for she will need chemotherapy The night of the biopsy she went to the ER and is now in the hospital for high potassium (a side effect of kidney failure) and now she needs her gallbladder out. I just don't know how much more her poor little body can take. I feel so helpless. I wish I could take some of this for her but I know that I can't. So, I pray. That is all I can do because I know that Jesus Christ has felt this pain she is going through and can ease her burden. She just has to be okay in the long run because I just can't bear the thought of the alternative. I have been a member of this family for 14 years and I love her dearly. My son loves her dearly. I have lost my parents already and I don't want to loose her too. If you are reading this and are the praying kind, please say a little prayer for her. I just have to have faith and someone convince her to do the same.

No comments: