Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Our new bishop and other church happenings

New things happening . Well, last Sunday, a new bishop was called for my ward. This is the first and only ward that I have been in since I joined the church 5 1/2 years ago and the outgoing bishop was the only bishop I had ever had so there was some sadness to see him go but he has served so well for 8 years and done a wonderful job and I do know in my heart that it was time. It just so happens that the new bishop that was called is a very good friend of mine and my family. He and his family have been my "church family" since 2 months before I was baptized and I have leaned on them heavily to support me as I have been the only member of The Church of Jesus Christ in my family (so far). He has been my real estate agent, my insurance agent, my financial adviser and our home teacher all this time. Now he is my bishop. Wow, that is going to take some getting used to. His wife is one of my dearest and most treasured friends. He is a great man and it feels right that he was called to lead our ward. I'm just going to have to figure out how to separate my friend from my bishop. It's only been a few days and I'm sure we'll figure it out. In other church news, my hubby is taking the missionary lessons again. He started last week with the first one and last night he had a second lesson. I was not going to share this here on the blog because it is a private thing for him but he gave me permission to do so. He is such a good man and I am so proud of him for trying to search and find the truth. Regardless of his decision, to either get join the church or not, I will love him forever (and I'm not just saying this because you are reading this Tim) I would be lying if I didn't say that I am excited at the prospect of having a priesthood holder in my home. Someone to study scriptures with, pray with and lean on. It would be a dream to be able to someday be sealed to him and my son. I try not to go on to much about it because I don't want to pressure him. I want him to join because he has gained his own testimony about it, not because he wants to please me. It's hard enough to be a member of this church, he need to believe it for himself. I am just trying to be there for him and answer the questions when he asks them. I've been where he is right now not that long ago and it's not easy. I just love him for trying. What more can I say.

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Love him for trying. What a wonderful attitude you have. =) And good for Tim for having the courage to investigate.

b. said...

Only the BEST of wishes to you both.