Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Great weekend

What a nice long weekend we had. I was able to take 4 days off without taking a vacation day which was really nice. I am now working 4 10 hour days and it's working great.

Friday I cleaned the house (well, half of it anyway) and my good friend came over so we could find her a dress for her daughters wedding. After we accomplished this task, we went had a nice pedicure and had some good quality girl time.

Saturday we hit the ground running. First we went grocery shopping and then we headed out to hit up all the places that would have rescue dogs up for adoption. We visited 4 different places but didn't have any luck. Lots of dogs but none that seemed just right for our family. The search will continue. Then we stopped by for a quick visit to a little carnival that was in town so Blake could ride a few rides. We then went to see Horton Hears a Who which really was very cute movie. They kept a lot of the rhyming from the book which I really liked. By this time we were all super tired so we grabbed some dinner and headed home.

Sunday was a wonderful Easter day minus the pooring rain. Sacrament meeting was very good and the spirit was in abundance. After church we headed over to hubbys aunts house for a family feast and egg hunt. I completely spaced taking my camera so no pictures but just think of a cute little boy in his cute little Easter outfit hunting and finding all the eggs because he was the only kid there. He didn't mind when it came to getting all the candy and goodies.

Monday was a good day to sleep in and then I had a dentist appt to get a root canal. No, that wasn't part of the great weekend but just being able to come home to both of my boys (who happen to be my favorite people in the world to be with) makes it count.

Now, I'll go back to work to rest...LOL Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I'm glad it was a great weekend (minus the root canal of course)! I hope this week is a great one too!

b. said...

It sounds delightful!

4 10's is GREAT! Good for you!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I've had one pedicure in my life--and I loved it ; )

I love your comment about no camera and our creating a mental picture of your cute little guy--that's so cute.

Sorry about the root canal. Hope your doing fine today.

Nancy Face said...

What a super weekend you had! You fit so many good things in, and it sounds so fun! :)

I'm AMAZED you and your friend were able to find her the right dress in just one shopping trip! WOO HOO!

I'm enjoying the cute mental picture of Blake on Easter! ;)

I've had root canals, and it's sooo not fun, but once it's over I love it...the tooth never causes pain EVER AGAIN!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a really great weekend - well, minus the root canal. And that just doesn't count! I'm glad you liked Horton Hears a Who... my kids are already asking when it will be out on DVD ;)

Jen Hill said...

I am glad to hear you had a nice Easter weekend!

Those little boys do sound wonderful.

Nancy Face said...

Just stopped by to wish you a happy weekend! :)

Unknown said...

It does sound like a wonderful Easter weekend. But what about the rest of the week? Wherefore art thou? ;-)

Yvonne said...

Tonya, I have an award for you.

How's the dog searching going???