Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gratitude's

Looking at the last two posts I realized what a whiner I've been lately. Today I shall combat that with a list of gratitude's.

-Of course my hubby and son. I have such a wonderful family. We are goofy and we embrace it. I really do love them with all of my heart and soul. Every single day they make me laugh and feel so very loved. No matter how bad my day is, I know that the moment I walk in the house I'll have a kiss and hug or two and then nothing else matters.

-I am thankful for our home. It isn't the biggest house on the block but it's ours (well, the banks but you know) and I'm thankful to have a warm safe place to lay my head at night.

-I'm thankful for my new calling. I think I'm really going to enjoy it. The girls are great and the other leaders are awesome.

-I'm thankful for my job. While, I would rather be staying home with my son each day, I'm glad that I have the means to help take care of our family. My job can be a pain but at least I have one when so many don't.

-I'm thankful for that smell right after rain especially now that some flowers are blooming.

-I'm thankful for good friends that I know would be there for me in a heartbeat. I have been truly blessed to have these people in my life. They have proved themselves over and over again. They laugh with me, cry with me, love me and just really get me.

-I'm thankful for music and how it really touches me in so many ways.

-I'm thankful for this blog because it is a great place for me to record some history and express myself.

-I'm thankful that for the first time all week I got a whole six hours of sleep last night and it was good sleep.

-I'm thankful that hubby will be going to the temple for the first time Friday night (youth baptisms) and I get to go with him.

I'm sure that I could go on and on but I'll spare you. Let me just say that I am truly thankful for all the I have been blessed with. I really need to do these posts more often to keep things in perspective. Thanks Melissa for reminding me of this today.

8 comments:

b. said...

I love your attitude.
I love your thankfuls.
I'm glad you got some needed sleep.
I'm thankful for you.

Yvonne said...

What a great list, tonya. How wonderful that your hubby will be going to the temple--I hope it's a wonderful experience, and I'm so glad you'll be there, too.

I agree with b. I'm thankful for you--you always make me feel so good.

Melissa said...

This is something I need to do more often - step back and really truely recognize the blessings in my life! I love your list! I love that you are thankful for the big things and the little ones! Thank you for sharing it with me :)

Madam Crunchypants said...

The smell right after the rain... that's one of my favourites too!

Ally said...

A lovely list of things to be grateful for. :)

Thanks for sharing!

utmommy said...

Gratitude posts are the best. I love yours. I used to be so good at doing these on Fridays. I don't know what happened, but maybe I need to take it up again. It really helps to focus on the positive we have in our lives!

Yeah for sleep, a good family, and much much more.

Nancy Face said...

This was so wonderful, and it made me feel happy and grateful too! :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I love getting good sleep!