Monday, July 23, 2007

Patience....I could use some more

Is it just me or are you going along in life sometimes and thinking, "okay, I think I have this parent thing down now" "my child seems to be well-adjusted and happy" "the routine seems to be working well" and then bam, they (the child or children) change the rules on you. I do not know what is up with my child the last week or so but I swear he's a different little boy all of a sudden. He's having trouble sleeping (well getting to sleep) so he's not getting enough sleep before he has to get up and head off to preschool. Even this weekend would he could have sleep enough because he didn't have to get up, he didn't get enough sleep. So, therefor his attitude stinks. He has been grumpy and obstenant and everything else in between. Saturday was one of the hardest days I've had with him in a long long time. Usually "mommy" days are the best. They are mommy days because daddy is working and we have until 330pm for some good quality time. I felt like the worst mom ever this weekend as I had to drag him literrally kicking and screaming from a ward picnic. After the day he had I shouldn't have taken him to begin with. I then didn't take him to church (this is the bad mommy part) on Sunday partly because he didn't want to go but mostly because I needed some peace. Sunday was a bit better with him but he still was not listening and took forever to go to sleep. His dad is home with him today and it's more of the same. I hope this will be short lived so I can have my sweet little boy back soon. Sorry for the rambling post but I just needed to vent.

1 comment:

Clement Family said...

oh....stick in there...it will get better. :)
I guess it will also get worse. :)