Monday, January 28, 2008

Goodbye to a great man

Gordon B Hinkley June 23, 1910-January 27, 2008

Words can't express what President Hinkley has meant to me and my own personal testimony over the years. I never met the man in person but was counseled over and over again by him through the many talks that I listened to .

I'll never forget the first time I watched him before I even seriously considered joining the church. I knew even then that there was something special about this man. His ease in speaking to you in a way that was never talking down and often laced with humor.

It is a great loss to me and every member of our church but what a sweet reunion for him with his dear wife and family. I will miss you President Hinkley but will never forget you and what you have meant to me and my own personal testimony. You made me want to be better and do better and I will continue to strive to reach these goals.

5 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I love him dearly and will miss him so much. At the same time, I am so happy for him, now that he is reunited with his sweetheart, and in the arms of our Savior.

Randi said...

What a beautiful tribute. He will be missed.

Yvonne said...

Tonya--that was so beautifully written. I could feel your testimony and your love for him. Thank you for sharing your feelings.

Melissa said...

He spoke in our regional Stake Conference broadcast just a few weeks ago... he talked about marriage and about his sweet wife and how wonderful their relationship had been. I'm glad he is with her now!

Unknown said...

Great tribute but are you MIA, my dear?!