Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweet moment in "the sweet life"

Have you ever had one of those moments in life where you find it truly hard to describe? The English language, or any other language for that matter, seems to be insufficient. I had one of those moments last Saturday. I was kneeling across the alter from my child and my husband in the temple of our God. We were sealed together as a family for all time and eternity.

The entire day was just wonderful. The weather was a perfect sunny, cool and crisp fall day. We arrived at the temple at 9:30 in the morning and from there it just got better and better. I did some initiatories while waiting on Tim. We then met up and headed for his endowment. It was so awesome to see him there with me after all these years. I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear the entire time. I kept it together pretty well until Holly hugged me. The emotion then came flooding out.

After the endowment we were lead to a sealing room where about 40 of our dear friends were there to support us. The sealer was warm and funny and after Tim and I were sealed they brought our sweet boy to us. He was embarrassed to have everyone looking at him and came running over to me. He then put his little hand on ours and we were sealed together forever. As I said already, it's to hard to put how I felt into words but that moment in time will be burned into my mind forever. It was the second (next only to having my son placed into my arms) sweetest moment of my life. I feel so blessed to have these two boys in my life and now to have them for all eternity. Wow..just wow. Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me so richly. I am truly thankful.

Here are a few pictures from after.





Is he cute or what?



16 comments:

Beth said...

What a sacred day! I'm so happy for your forever family. You are amazing Tonya, and look at the blessing you now have from having faith and doing your best to live the gospel. You have the sweetest heart.

Melissa said...

Tonya - I have tears in my eyes! What a wonderful day for you and your family! Such an amazing journey. Thank you for sharing it!!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh Tonya, I'm crying here. What an incredible journey this has been for your family. I'm so thrilled that you get to have the blessing of an eternal family. That you get to know what that means! Wow. Thank you for sharing this with us. ~hugs~

Yvonne said...

I am sitting here in tears--so touched. You wrote it all so beautifully. Thank you so much for allowing us to participate in this way--it was like being there with you.

Hugs.

Yes, he is so cute ; )

Kevin and Brandi said...

Tonya I'm just thrilled for you and your family! Isnt it such an amazing feeling knowing that your going to be together FOREVER? I wish I was there to give you a HUGE hug and to tell you congrats!

Chellie said...

wow... I love it! You look so beautiful and peaceful.
I'm so happy for you.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Nancy Face said...

Oh, Tonya! This makes me so very happy! Such a precious experience, and a beautiful story! :)

Corrine said...

oh i am so happy for you, i'd tell you how cute your pictures look but I can't see through my tears! I am so happy for you, so many tears of joy! What a wonderful moment!

Stephanie said...

WOW, TONYA, I'm SOOO HAPPY for you! Seeing those pictures brought tears to my eyes. You are all just glowing! I so wish we could have been there. There is nothing like the peace and power that comes from a temple sealing.

Lee said...

Thanks for sharing. Brings back many memories. You look great and happy.

b. said...

Oh. Wow.

Congratulations!
I can't think of a better date than that! SUCH a beautiful moment...and one I am so happy you got to experience!

Unknown said...

Oh, thrilled, thrilled, thrilled for you! And you are just glowing!! What a tremendous blessing for your family!

Marcy said...

I am so happy for your family. What a treasured day for all of you. I hope you get to enjoy many other spiritual moments as an eternal family.

Anonymous said...

*HUGS* What an amazing experience for your sweet little family! I'm so happy for you! :)

Leslie said...

So happy for you and your family. Perfect eternal moment for The Sweet Life.

Mo said...

Such huge congratulations!
That's what I get for going AWOL, I missed it!
Everything is different from here on out, everything. There's a subtle shift in your family relationship, and though you can't quite describe it, you recognize that it's there. And it's good.
We were married for 5 great years before our big day, but I'll be darned if it didn't make the next 5 even better!