Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I will not forget


What happened on that day 6 years ago when our country lost so many precious lives to such a violent and senseless act. Our country also lost a great deal of our sense of security. We all came together that day and for quite some time after that regardless of age, race, religion or social status. We were UNITED. We mourned and cried together. There was a shortage of American flags, there was a sign in almost every business and car window. Many turned to the Lord to find answers. I'll never forget getting ready for work that morning and hearing about the first plane hitting the towers and then watching and listening the rest of the day as the horrors unfolded. I will never forget and I don't want to forget.

Since then our country is divided again far worse then we ever were before. I truly believe that United We Stand and Divided We Fall. This is what our enemy wants. They love that we don't agree. It's much easier that way. I realize that I'm rambling on and probably not making sense but I just couldn't let the day go by without remembering that terrible day. May God comfort those that mourn this day. May they know that I am out here and I will never forget what happened to their loved ones.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's so important that we never forget. Thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

hi tonya:
you are not rambling friend! you said it perfectly! what you are saying is awesome, so true! i will never forget also. i wore an american flag again today, especially today. i have had this american flag pin ever since desert storm in 1990. i also did a 9-11 post today earlier. come and see.

hope the new job change is going great for you.

thank you for the emails today. so enjoying you, kathleen

Carrie said...

I agree with you that we need to stand together. I think we need to remember what happened, because now, six years later with the shock completely worn off, all we can do is argue about everything. I love how you said that right afterward we all joined together. We need to get back to that.