Thursday, September 4, 2008

First day of School

Officially a student



The following picture pretty much sums up the day. It speaks volumes doesn't it?



The first day of school? How in the world did that happen? I'm sure that I just brought him home from the hospital. I can remember it all like it was yesterday. On one hand, I'm glad I've gotten him to the point that he is secure and feels okay about us leaving him in this scary new world and on the other, I wanted him to cling to me and say he wasn't ready to leave his mommy.
Well, that's enough of the mooshy stuff. Today went well. We got up early and he was eager to get dressed in his new clothes and shoes. His backpack was nearly as big as he is. Last night he asked me "Mom, are you and daddy going to walk me to school?" I said yes and he said "Why, I know the way." Such an independent little guy.

Here he is "working hard" with his friend Zach.
This the sign outside the school.


Ready to go.

Okay, who is this big kid and what have you done with my baby?


See, I told you the backpack was just about as big as he is















10 comments:

Beth said...

He is such a cutie! Aren't you so proud of him, and yourself for doing such a great job. I'm glad it went so well, it's a big step in life.

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . what a big day for all of you . . . Congrats to your big/little guy! :)

gmckibbe said...

It's so hard when they go off to kindergarten. Lydia did just fine as well...it was me that was having a hard time. I wanted to stay longer, but they kicked all the parents out! :) He is such a cute boy--I'm still hoping that he and Zach and Lydia can all be in the same class.

Yvonne said...

So cute--I love it!!!

I know the I thought I just brought him home from the hospital feeling.

Hope it's a great year.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh Tonya, I'm just about crying here. What happened to our "little Blake"?

Chellie said...

ummmm HELLO?!?! Is he not the absolute CUTEST?! I love the pictures.

Gabrielle said...

Cute-Cute. I still had to choke down a few lumps in my throat! I am sure he had a faulous time!

Corrine said...

it is crazy how fast they grow! Looks like a fun first day.

Lyon Pride said...

Wow, I can't believe he's old enough for kindergarten! He's so cute!

Melissa said...

It IS almost as big as he is :) Glad the first day of school went so well!