Saturday, June 21, 2008

The face of allergies

Poor little guy. This is what Blake looked like Thursday evening after we came home from interviewing a new sitter. He has been outside playing in the yard with her little boy. Less than 20 minutes later this is what we saw.



He has had allergies for several years but this year and particularly this week have been the WORST. I don't know if it's just the cold spring we've had or what. He takes Zrytec every night and it had been keeping it under control now.

He got worse overnight and we took him to the doctor Friday. He got a breathing treatment there in the office and was sent home with prescriptions for an inhaler, steriods and eye drops. After a day of treatments he is starting to look more like my little boy and less like a price fighter. He really is such a trooper. He has been very brave with the eye drops and the whole thing.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so sorry he has been having to deal with allegies. That must be miserable.

I'm glad the breathing treatment helped and that he's doing better.

How did you like the babysitter???

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh no - allergies are such a horrid thing to have to deal with, the poor guy (and the poor you!).

Chellie said...

I can totally sympathize with the little guy-- I get allergies in my eyes so bad and it is the WORST. I want to go to sleep and never wake up. I feel for him-- what a sweet boy.

I hope the babysitter worked out.

Unknown said...

I am the queen of allergies. I even started the shots until Hubby got laid off last year. But my heart goes out to any kid who has to suffer through them!

Nancy Face said...

OHHH! Poor Blake! It must have been scary for you!