Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Updates, Changes and Misc

Update on my mother in law. She got out of the hospital on Saturday just to return again on Sunday. They are having some trouble getting her medication right. These things are to be expected. Many of the medications that they put her on have side effects of their own which are causing some problems with her existing issues of diabetes and high blook pressure. I would rather she be in the hospital while they figure these things out. I'm sure this is just the first in many bumps along the road to recovery but the good news is that the kidney is working like a champ.

Changes- I was released as a primary teacher yesterday. I have mixed emotions about this. I absolutely love primary but have been there for 3 years so it was probably time for a change. It's amazing how attached you get to these sweet children. I've enjoyed the opportunity to go through primary as an adult. I didn't go as a child having not grown up in the church. I've learned lots of primary songs and have been reminded weekly of the gospel principles that we all need to work on. The good news is that I have been called as a activity day leader assistant. Now, I don't have a clue what this is but I know that I'll learn just as I have all my other callings. But....if anyone has any words of wisdom, good websites, books they can share I would be all ears (or eyes in this case) and most appreciative.

Misc-It might be time to get a dog. Blake was out playing in the yard a couple of days ago (we had some rare sunshine) and we went out to find that he had made some new friends. He was very proud of his new "friends" and had a hard time leaving them behind when it was time to come in. He just couldn't understand why mom didn't want them to come in the house. You be the judge.


10 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad your mother-in-law is doing better. Sorry that they're having trouble getting her meds adjusted.

Releases from callings are always tough, but change is necessary. I'm sure you will love your new calling.

I think I would have asked Blake's friends to stay out, too ; )

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Lots going on!

Blake is such a cutie!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad your MIL is doing well! Hopefully they will be able to figure out the meds soon!
As for the activity days... I have no words of advice. A friend of mine has that calling and really loves it!
Hmmm... earth worms. I suppose as long as he doesn't try to fry them up and eat them... ;) Maybe a dog would be a good thing!

utmommy said...

You mean you didn't want those cute things crawling all around your house? Why not:)

Mo said...

Hmmm, I'm gonna say some kind of pet would be good. Unless you really like finding dried up worms all over the house. Start with fish. They're easy to take care of and you can easily replace them with a look alike if you accidentally leave it outside in the cold and freeze it to death, not that I would know.

Carrie said...

I was just called to activity days, too. You're going to love it!

Alyssa's tried to bring some "friends" in the house with her before. With her it's usually rolly pollies.

Nancy Face said...

I'm glad your mother in law's kidney is functioning well. I hope her doctors can figure out the medications soon and without much trouble!

Yes, Primary is wonderful, but I'm sure you'll love your new calling! :)

I always enjoyed worms when I was a kid. They're fun to play with, but not so good as a meal, tee hee! :D

Randi said...

I bet you'll be great at your new calling!
And Blake cracks me up!
Did he name them?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Eww worms! I am so deathly afraid of worms.

I have been in primary for almost 2 years and I love it. Sometimes I would like a change, but I think if I did get released I would be sad.

Corrine said...

i used to collect worms and snails and slugs, and make mud homes for them with rocks and leaves and such...and we had two dogs and a cat.