In honor of my 100th ,okay so it's more like 107th post now but it's close enought right? I am going to list 100 things about myself. This blog has been such a blessing to me and it's the longest that I've ever kept any kind of journal. It's also been wonderful to meet some really great people that inspire me daily.
1) The best years of my childhood were spent on a farm in Oklahoma.
2) My main chore on the farm was cleaning the chicken coups.
3) I still dislike chickens.
4) I never wore shoes during the summer.
5) Summer on the farm wasn't complete with seeing at least 5 snakes, stepping on a nail and getting stung by a wasp.
6) We never had much money but we were rich living off the land.
7) I used to love to milk the cows in the morning and huddle in between them to steal their warmth when it was really cold.
8) One of my favorite things to do was get up really early and go blackberry picking. I always ate more than I brought home.
9) I used to have to take baths with "bleach" in it to get rid of the chiggers (if you know what these are then you get extra points) that I got while picking blackberries.
10) I was born in Myrtle Beach, SC at an Airforce base.
11) My dad was in the Airforce for 21 years but was out of the service by the time that I was three.
12) I grew up in a very small town in Oklahoma with a population of 2,500.
13) I went to school in that same small town from 2nd grade on.
14) I graduated high school with 52 people.
15) I loved that I could roam around without my parents in my small town without fear even if I took it for granted at the time.
16) I was in the band in high school because I loved the marching band. I was in the color guard and did the flag. It was so much fun. During the concert season of the year, I kind of sort of faked/learned enough to be dangerous my way through playing the clarinet.
17) I've had an issue with my weight for what seems to be my whole life. I was the biggest of my friends in high school and now looking back at myself, I would give anything to look like that again.
18) I started babysitting when I was 11 years old. I got my first job at 15 1/2 at a pizza joint in town ( 9 miles from my house).
19) When I was 14, I had a little 50 motorcycle that I would ride the 9 miles from house to the pool every day in the summer.
20) My father was married 3 times and the second woman is who I consider my mother. He would not allow me to go with her when they divorced when I was age 12. It ripped my heart out.
21) I don't know if my birth mother is alive or dead. I was 4 when my parents divorced. It's a long story that I will write more about another time.
22) My only biological sister is 8 years older than I am. We were very close until she moved out of the house. I now have no relationship with her and I couldn't even tell you where she is. She followed in the footsteps of my father and became and alcoholic. This is a source of great sadness for me. I miss her but don't have a clue how to find her.
23) My only blood brother is 10 years older than I am. I don't really remember much about him as he was out of the house when I was fairly young. He turned to a life of crime and the last time I saw him was when I was in my early teens. I know he was in and out of prison but we could not locate him when my father died. I wonder if he ever thinks of me.
24) My mom was the saving grace in my life. Technically she was my step mom but she never treated me as such. She taught me so much about love. She was so spunky and funny. I miss her dearly.
25) I love Siamese cats. I have 2 cats now name Maximus (Max) and Cleopatra (Cleo) that are both part Siamese.
26) I've never owned a dog but have always wanted to. I am just scared of trying to train it to be a good dog and teaching it to go potty outside. We're thinking of getting one in the Spring. I am going to need help.
27) I married someone who is the exact opposite of my dad and I love him for it.
28) I have had issues with anxiety for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it's bad enough to need medicine but as I get older (ahem) I need it a little less frequently.
29) I don't miss the threat of tornado's that I had growing up in tornado alley.
30) When I first moved to Oregon, I wanted to know where the Wal-Mart was and why no one had air conditioners. That was 14 years ago and I'm still wondering.
31) When I first saw the ocean, it moved me to tears. I couldn't (and still can't) get over it's beauty and immensity.
32) I have a theory that since my birth mom was pregnant with me while they lived in Myrtle Beach, SC and I was there until I was one that I have a special connection with the Ocean. It is one of my very favorite places to be and it brings peace to my soul.
33) I can't stand sleeping with socks on. (how's that for random)
34) If I were to win the lottery (which isn't likely considering I don't play) I would love to travel the world until I was just sick of it.
35) My favorite color is red.
36) I am very stubborn and some would say sarcastic (be quiet Tim)
37) I think I learned as a child to use humor and sarcasm as a coping mechanism and old habits die hard.
38) I wonder what people see when they look at me. I care way to much about what people think of me but I'm working on that as I get older (ahem)
39) I am a people pleaser by nature and it's very hard for me to say no. Also, something I'm working on.
40) I went college at 17 and after 2 years I didn't have a clue what I wanted to be when I grew up. So, I quit. Boy, if I could just know then what I know now.
41) I moved in with my hubby after dating him for only 3 months. I was in love and needed a place to stay. I just knew he was the one and at the time we both rationalized it thinking that since we both had been children of divorces, we wanted to make sure we could stand each other before we got married and had children. It made sense at the time. I was only 20.
42) I can be quite bossy at times and really have to work on it. (again, be quiet Tim)
43) I have been known to have a temper, I would like to say that it's getting better as I mature, okay get older.
44) It's also been said that I am a bit stubborn. No comment.
45) My favorite color is red.
46) My favorite music is mostly country and 80's music but I like a little bit of everything. If I like the song, I don't really care what genre it is.
47) I can be really wishy washy, I usually order last at a restaurant because I am easily swayed. 48) If I could have any job out there, I would like to be a nurse.
49) My favorite flower is the Oriental Lilly
50) I love to read.
51) I dislike onions with a passion
52) I can't stand hominy
53) I love sappy movies like "Steel Magnolias" and "Terms of Endearment"
54) I used to love scary movies but can't watch them anymore
55) I love the sound of my sons laughter
56) Being a mother is a dream come true for me
57) I have Endometriosis and have never been able to get pregnant
58) I would love to adopt again but it's just to expensive
59) I wonder if my son will resent being an only child
60) I will always wonder what it feels like to be pregnant
61) I still can't believe sometimes that I'm a "grown up"
62) I cry easily
63) I laugh just as easily
64) I play silly games with my husband and I love that about us
65) I love wrestling and playing in the floor with my son.
66) I love coloring with my son. He always says " You're doing a great job mom"
67) I think I am better at putting hot wheel tracks together than most boys.
68) I have a thing for oatmeal cream pies
69) I have a brown thumb but I have 3 plants that have defied the odds out of sheer will
70) I can cook but I don't really enjoy it
71) A clean house makes me a happier person
72) Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite
73) I don't like nuts in my food unless it's cashew chicken
74) For some reason, I prefer even numbers
75) I dislike grocery shopping
76) I love to shop for clothes, shoes etc.
77) I love getting a massage
78) I have arthritis in my knees and one of my feet
79) I have had 2 surgeries on the foot with arthritis and it's still not fixed. I really think that it never will be
80) I can't wear cheap shoes anymore which is a bummer because I love a good deal.
81) Crocs are really ugly but they have been a God-send for feet so I don't care.
82) I even have a pair of crocs that have fake wooly stuff in them for winter
83) I am terrible at remembering to floss
84) Saturday mornings are my favorite because I get to sleep in a little and wake up cuddling with my son
85) I get up at 4am and start work at 5am
86) Sometimes I think I actually fall asleep for a brief minute on the train ride to and from work 87) I sleep with a fan and a sound machine.
88) I can't sleep on my stomach
89) My left side is my favorite to sleep on
90) I like the room to be be a little on the cool side when I sleep
91) I never knew how hard it would be to come up with 100 things about myself
92) I love trying new foods
93) Recently, I have discovered that I love Indian food and Greek food.
94) I am really getting good at finding my way around downtown Portland
95) I can't stand food that is spicy hot. I find no joy in my lips and tongue burning.
96) I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
97) My favorite car is a Mustang and someday I hope to have one
98) I love the gospel and am so thankful that I belong The Church of Jesus Christ.
99) Without the relationship I have with Christ, I don't think I could have gotten through some of the things that I have.
100) I know that my Redeemer lives and I hope to return to live with him someday along with my family.