Monday, April 19, 2010

Luxating Patella


That is just a fancy name for a kneecap that won't stay in place. Our dog Lexie, who will be 2 in June had this problem in both of her back legs. Genetics are probably to blame thanks to the bow legs from the pug side of her. She had surgery last Friday to fix them both. She is home now. I know that some would say "she's just a dog" blah blah and to that's okay if people feel that way but I don't so be nice if you decide to comment.

She is a part of our family. Would I ever put her over the human members of my family? No. But, if there is something I can do then I will. She loves our family unconditionally and makes us laugh daily.

Hopefully in 4 to 6 weeks she'll be as good as new.

Both legs look like this one.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I hope she heels quickly. It must have been quite painful for her.

chellie said...

Tonya,
Thank you for loving your pet the way a pet owner should. People shouldn't have pets unless they are willing to love and accept them and take care of them. :)
I hope she feels better soon, she looks sad :( I hope she's not in too much pain.

You're a good mommy.

Melissa said...

Poor little one! I hope she heals quickly!!

Cynthia said...

OUCH! Glad she is on the mend :)

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^