Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Queen of Waffle Town

After much waffling back and forth about what would be best for me and for my family, I have officially accepted the job with Kaiser. It's been a really tough call for me. I am someone that normally takes a job and keeps it for years and years. I have only been at my current job for 7 months. It's just weird for me to come and go so quickly.

While I be loosing some flexibility in my schedule and the ability to take mass transit, I will be gaining in the long run by being with a company that is well established and has a great retirement plan. I think in the short term it will be difficult but in the long term it will be the best decision. (crossing fingers and toes)

I start on May 12th and will have a few days off in between. They have also promised me that I will be able to have the time off this summer and fall that I need for the family vacations etc.

I am now retiring as the queen of waffle town and it feels so much better to have this decision made. Until I pick up the scepter again to reign and rule, which could be over a pair of shoes or what to have for dinner :o)

11 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm glad you've made your decision...it sounds like it will be a good one! Best wishes at your new job, and enjoy the days off in between! :)

Nancy Face said...

WHEE! I got to be first this time! :D

Melissa said...

I'm glad you were able to decide! It does sound like a really great job! I hope that it works out really well and ends up being the most fantastic job you've ever had :D

Chellie said...

I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you are doing the right thing. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Yvonne said...

I love the title of the post.

It sounds like this will be a great job, and the best one for you and your family. Congratulations. Isn't it nice when you don't have to worry about the decision any more.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Good for you for thinking of the long term...it's hard, but there are all kinds of blessings that come with that kind of stability. Hope the adjustment to the new job next month goes well!

Unknown said...

I just hate that gray area! So glad you made the decision and feel good about it!

Mo said...

Thinking long term sucks sometimes. We've had a few rough patches in the last two years since we decided to have dh finish his degree for sure.
Uplifting yeah?
The point I have though is that everytime a big decision comes up about staying the course or doing something else, and we decide to stick with our decision,good things happen.
This is going to be good for you!

Corrine said...

I am glad that you were able to come to a decision and feel good about it. It is great they are honoring your already established times off!

So do you have to buy a new car since you can't take mass transit?

Angel said...

Good luck with the new job... it's not easy being the "new guy," but it sounds like this will be a good transition for you. Yay!

Randi said...

Congratulations!!
It sounds like the right thing!